Thursday, October 12, 2006

a lewd phrase for every sort of school

Facebook has all sorts of groups one can belong to. Perhaps the most popular is I Went to Public School, Bitch. Several variations have appeared with vulgarities connected to private schools in general, catholic schools in specific, and womens' schools.

Until recently the jews and their day schools were left out of the cussing.

No longer! My attention has been recently pointed to a group called I Went to Jewish Day School, Schmuck. Brilliant! The tag line reads:
Scarred for Lifeā€¦but fluent in Aramaic!
Well done kids at Reed.

I am waiting for self-satirical groups to spring up in this genre. How about I Went to Absurdly Expensive Prep School, Winston?

3 Comments:

At 10/13/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's funny 'cause it's true :)

and even more so after spending a couple hours last night helping a friend deal with her day school related issues...and her school didn't even teach her aramaic, what a rip off.

 
At 10/17/2006 , Blogger EMN said...

This post is a couple days old, and I've never commented on your blog before, but I had to throw this in.

I hate to break it to you, ZT, but I've been a member of Columbia's "I Went to Jewish Day School, Schmuck!" for at least a year and a half now. Maybe two years. And "I Went to Private School, Strumpet!" popped up months before that.

Just wanted you to know the truth of the matter.

And, HI!

 
At 10/17/2006 , Blogger ZT said...

thanks for the update smeliana! i guess i was just out of the loop (what else is new?). thanks for the historic clarification.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home