Wednesday, November 05, 2008

We Are Getting A New Neighbor

On my way to work I bike down 16th Street. I see a big house, with some columns on it. I don't much like the guy who lives there now, but he is actually moving out. A new guy is moving in. I have never put so much time and energy into choosing a neighbor.

Well, Obama is going to be our neighbor.

I knocked on roughly 3500 doors. The knuckles on the middle and ring fingers of my right hand are ever-so-slightly calloused. The Ward I grew up in (22) went for Obama. He picked up 97.25% of the vote. The Wards we worked the most in went 80.50 % (Ward 35), 68.49 % (Ward 41), and 62.33 % (Ward 45). BHO carried Philadelphia with 82.97% of the vote. Obama has won PA with 54.7% of the vote to McCain's 44.3%.

Polls closed at 8pm. I had packed the car earlier that day. Upon the last work being done I hurtled towards Washington DC, hoping to make it there before the race was called and bedlam ensued. I made it. Becca and I watched at Darin's with several friends. When the call came the windows were opened and chants came booming in from the streets. We quickly put on our shoes and went to the intersection outside his apartment building. The crowds were forming, traffic had stopped, and singing began. People yelled, cried, danced, and chanted. Yes We Did. Yes We Did. O-Bama! O-Ba-Ma! Cars began to move again, horns pulsed, fists pumped, the people had their president.

2 Comments:

At 11/05/2008 , Blogger Burgerman said...

congratulations zach! we rocked PA!!!!

you should have seen the celebration in cambridge last night! unreal! 400 of us went to New Hampshire over the weekend and joined 10,000 volunteers there!

check out this picture from the celebration:

http://media.thecrimson.com/11-5-2008/pic-500-1209259.jpg

its a great day to be an American!

its also a great day to be a jew!

Sam

 
At 11/06/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

its always a good day to be a jew

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home