Monday, February 11, 2008

Voting Day

This morning I went to the local library's musty basement and voted. All the prognosticators, the pundits, bloggers, and jokers will have their morning coffee and I, along with my brothers and sisters in the District, help decide who will be the next President of the United States. Our decision will lead to some living and others dying, some succeeding and others being barred from success. Though we joke and debate, kibbitz and trade thoughts for months, it is time to put that behind us and exercise our greatest responsibility as citizens, to vote. Wish us luck. I hope i made the right choice.

Here is a link to a voting prayer written by David Seidenberg. Use it in good health. May we all make wise choices and bring peace, prosperity, and humility to our republic. If we do, we can be proud again.

1 Comments:

At 2/11/2008 , Blogger Eli said...

When I saw your title, I had a feeling it might end with some sort of prayer. Lev - who, I think, once posted a blessing above the Hillel xerox machine - would be proud.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home